iCandy Luxury Strollers to US in 2009

ABC Kids Expo News

New luxury stroller alert!!  iCandy is a luxury stroller company that is bringing their gorgeous strollers across the pond to the US in 2009.  iCandy is a British company that was started in the early 1930s with the goal of making products that was specifically designed for the parent who needs something special, something different, something that catches the eye.

With a fun line of three unique strollers systems that are all named after fruit (Cherry, Apple & Pear), the iCandy strollers are sure to turn some heads here in the states when they arrive next year.

A brief rundown of the iCandy stroller line:

iCandy Cherry

A complete lightweight system that includes an aluminum chassis, a carrycot suitable from birth and a reversible toddler seat.  Sporting an adjustable handle, large shopping basket, car seat adapters (for the Maxi Cosi), and a one handed fold that stands alone when folded, the iCandy Cherry is sure to be a hit with moms.

iCandy Apple

The iCandy Apple is a multi-mode system that is available as a 4 wheel stroller or an all-terrain 3 wheel jogger.  With the additional option of the carrycot or use with a Maxi Cosi infant car seat, the Apple can be used from birth.  The iCandy Apple has a reversible seat with 3 recline positions, large air-filled rear tires, all around suspension, an adjustable handle with 7 positions, a large shopping basket and Maxi Cosi adapters to make it a travel system.   And yes, also has a standing fold.  Also a great feature of the Apple is that as your family grows, it can be upgraded to the iCandy Pear multi-mode system for two children with the upgrade pack.  The upgrade pack includes:  large front wheel kit, Pop converter frame, 2 additional seat units, pair of lower Maxi-Cosi Cabrio infant carrier adapters and 2 raincovers.

iCandy Pear

We are very excited about the iCandy Pear!  The Pear is a luxury tandem stroller system that offers over twenty combinations for either twins or a newborn and older child (up to 3 years old).  This system is suitable from birth in the carrycot mode or with the Maxi Cosi car seat adapters.  The Pear has fully independently reclining seats in forward or rear facing modes.  It also has a large basket, large rear air-filled tires, all-around suspension and an adjustable handlebar with 7 positions.  We also love that you aren’t confined to a double stroller with the Pear because it can be used as a single stroller at any time.   That is a great option for when our older toddlers get too big for the stroller but our younger one still needs a ride.  The iCandy Pear frame can even accept two Maxi-Cosi infant car seats at the same time to make it a double travel system. (Extra set of upper car seat adatpers required and are sold separately)

There are a handful of great iCandy accessories such as a sun parasol, diaper bag, seat snuggle and a superfleece luxury footmuff.

Excited about the iCandy?  So are we!  But we’ll all be waiting until at least the middle of 2009 for these to become available in the US.  We will keep you updated when they are available and when when can get our hands on these babies to do our video reviews to show you all the features in action!

Comments

1. caren says

Melanie,

Did you sell your stroller? I love this stroller and my twins are needing a new ride. The snap and go is not cutting it!

Please let me know if you still have it.

Thanks so much,

Caren

2. sara says

Melanie, from Jan 7,
    I would be interested in purchasing your stroller… Can you post some contact info. thanks

3. Brittany says

Do you have the UK web address? I would love to see who is going to be retailing these strollers. I am in love!

4. Charmaine says

Hiya I am interested in purchasing the peach in July. I am just wondering if the Icandy Cherry stroller piece can fit to the Icandy peach Combo? Also how much will the retail be in the U.K?

Thank-you.

5. Deborah B says

Hi Hollie!
    Wow, what a great idea the double option is! I was wondering when someone would come out with this idea! (Well, Mutsy already has in Europe, but apparently it isn’t very roomy, and is better for two small babies…) Wish they had these out sooner! Maybe for the next batch of kids… :) Right now I’m pretty excited about Bumbleride’s new Indie Twin model! I just wish they had added a lock clip for when it’s folded…oh well…maybe I should invent one for it? :)

6. Lisa says

COuld you please keep me posted about the icandy pear. I am expecting my second baby for agust 2 and my first baby will be a year and a half for then. I would like to see if I can get this stroller.

Thanks!

7. debra simons says

hi i would like to know when the icandy apple will be available in the u.s, what the price is and where it will be sold?

8. Sarah says

Hi there could you tell me if you sell the apron (the part covering the feet of baby) for the carrycot. I have the footmuff for the stroller just missing the carrycot one. If so could you tell me a price. Im in UK. Many thanks in advance Sarah.

9. Melanie says

I purchased an iCandy Pear from UK about a year ago and I love it. It has worked well with my 2 kids (now, almost 3 and 1.5) but we have a third due in March, and I think we’ll be getting a triple. I wanted to put it out there that I will sell my icandy pear if someone is interested. Chicago location, but I supposed I can look into shipping if someone really wants it.

10. Denise Woods says

Hello I am excited about this stroller I’m expecting twins in march and would love to know more about the icandy pear do you know the weight of the stroller? Please e-mail me when it comes available. Thank you

The strollers won’t be available in the US until probably the summer of ’09. Here are approximate prices from a 2008 price list: Cherry Stroller – $460, Peach Stroller – $689, Peach Combo – $889

12. Amy says

Hi, I was just wondering if you can tell me the prices for the different types of strollers and when can we start ordering them. Thanks

Last we heard from iCandy is that they are still planning on being available in the US in Fall 2009. Hopefully, that schedule is still on because we are all very excited about the US launch.