I Think My Breastpump Is Trying to Tell Me Something

PumpInStyleBreastpumpBackpack08 021 300x240 I Think My Breastpump Is Trying to Tell Me SomethingI was spending a little time at the pump a few days ago, staring off into space (why didn’t I get a hands-free pumping bra again?), when I noticed something. It was my breastpump. It was.. Well… It was speaking to me.

I know it sounds crazy. Basically, the pump was emitting a repetitive noise that sounded something like, “Over here, over here, over here.”

You should have seen me sitting there, pumping away, with my ear right next to the pump. Yep, it was talking all right. I listened for a good five minutes before I decided that I needed to consult someone who might be able to provide me with answers.

So, I took it to Twitter, the place where I am bound to find at least one person weirder than myself. I tweeteed, “Does anyone else’s breastpump talk to them?” And, it just so happens that I am not the only one. It turns out that more than a few people out there have breastpumps that talk too!

One Internet Friend claims that her breastpump says, “Let it go, let it go, let it go.” Another says hers chants, “I’m ok, I’m ok, I’m ok.” I have to say that I like the motivational tone these breastpumps are taking on. I’m actually kind of jealous. My breastpump is leaving me hanging with, “Over here.” What’s up with that?

So- while I’m stuck with, “Over here, over here, over here.” I’ll be over here. Pumping away. Waiting for the next message. Hopefully it will be something like, “Cookies won’t make you fat, cookies won’t make you fat, cookies won’t make you fat.”

Moms- Does your breastpump have something to say?

-Contributed by Morgan

Comments

1. Janie says

I am SO GLAD I am not the only one this has happened to! I hear “We love hoes… We love hoes” (What??!! Why!?! Lol) and “Tina Fey… Tina Fey” lol

2. Lina says

My pump doesn’t speak but the let down phase sounded like some European electronic dance music. Seriously stressful!

This is hilarious b/c my friend and I were just sharing stories on how our breast pump taunted us. Mine said “pump more, pump more, pump more…” It drove me crazy b/c I was tormented not being able to get much. I have IGT. It made me cry.

4. Rochelle Bailey says

AMAZING how good it feels to know I was not crazy when I was a pumping mom! I would try and try to not hear it, shake my head, music, whatever but NOPE…I still heard every phrase imaginable and then it became this weird game of what else it could be saying!!! I completely agree with the first post…I think pumping makes us CRAZY!!!

hahah totally! My husband and I always thought it said different things (‘tho I can’t remember what any of them were). Soon enough- baby #2 is on the way and we will once again have the pleasure of my breastpump’s words ;p

6. Kelly Bardier says

Haha…this was actually the topic of a breastfeeding group I went to. I swear mine always said, “Hurry up, Hurry up” which really kind of stressed me out since I pumped on my lunch break at work and barely had enough time anyway!

7. Erin M. says

OMG! I thought I was the only one!! Mine definitely says, “you’ll pay, you’ll pay, you’ll pay”. Creepy!!!!