Britax Debuts the B-Safe Infant Car Seat (VIDEO)

bsafe Britax Debuts the B Safe Infant Car Seat (VIDEO)

*UPDATE 2:  The Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat is now available.

SHOP Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat

*UPDATE:  If you are looking for a fabulous lightweight, quick-fold stroller that will work as a travel system with this new Britax B-Safe Seat – check out our full review of the BRAND NEW Britax B-Agile Stroller HERE.

Britax has been some busy little bees lately.  First, they announce the new Britax Baby Carrier on Monday.  Now, they have debuted their newest car seat!  Britax is announcing their newest infant car seat that will be added to their fabulous line of car seats.  The B-Safe will not be available for sale until end of June but we have one and we are showing you.  Yep, just you!  No one else.  Feeling pretty special right now, aren’t you?

The B-Safe will be another choice for an infant car seat from Britax in addition to their already popular Chaperone.  The B-Safe will still be loaded with Britax’s excellent safety features but at a bit lower price.  Plus, since it is a bit shorter when installed with the base, it will be a better choice than the Chaperone for parents with ultra-small cars.

So, what’s different about the B-Safe than the Chaperone, you ask?

1. B-Safe will not have the anti-rebound bar.  This will make the B-Safe a bit shorter installed which is better for smaller vehicles.
  2. B-Safe will not have the TSIP (True Side Impact Protection) adjustable head restraint. The seat will just feature the SIP (Side Impact Protection). The B-Safe is to the Chaperone, what the Marathon 70 is to the Boulevard 70.
  3. B-Safe will be between 1 and 2 lbs lighter than the Chaperone.  When holding both infant car seats we couldn’t feel the difference though.
  4. B-Safe will retail for $179 and the Chaperone is $229.

We can’t just talk about the B-Safe, right?  We have to show you it!  Take a look at our mini-review of the new Britax B-Safe by clicking the video below:

[youtube]OBPRelJynNA[/youtube]

Here’s all the information on the Britax B-Safe:

Superior 360 Degree Protection Features

• Side Impact Protection® distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion and contains the head and body
  •  Tangle Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
  • Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner absorbs and distributes crash Forces

Superior Fit and Comfort Features

• 30-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort through the first year
  • Four Harness Heights and Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
  • Large Multi Position Canopy blocks wind, rain and harmful UV rays from baby’s sensitive skin
  • Removable Comfort Pad, shoulder pads and belly pad provide extra comfort

Superior Ease-of-Use Features

• Stroller Compatible Design-Integrated CLICK & GO adapter system works with Britax B- Series strollers.
  • Lightweight and travel-friendly for vehicle and stroller compatibility
  • Ergonomic Carry-Handle designed to contour to forearm to allow for more comfortable carrying of child in car seat
  • Premium, Push-Button Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
  • Adjustable Base has five positions for proper seat angle and positioning
  • Built-in Lock-Off ensures a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
  • Front Harness Adjuster provides effortless front adjustment when loosening the harness system
  • Easy-to-Read Level Indicators on base provide quick reference for proper installation
  • Easy-to-Install Seat-to-Base Design self-guides car seat into proper locked position
  • Easy-to-Install Base with LATCH Connector Storage (Included)

Color Options:

bsafe colors Britax Debuts the B Safe Infant Car Seat (VIDEO)

Car Seat Specifications

Product Weight (lbs): 16 (car seat only 9.8)

Product Dimensions (in): 17.5W x 24.5H x 27.5D (handle up)

Product Dimensions (in): 17.5W x 15.5H x 27.5D (handle down)

Seat Back Compartment Height (in): 20

Seat Area Depth/Width (in): 13/19

Shoulder Width (in): 10

Harness Slot Heights (in): 5, 7, 9, 12

Buckle Strap Depth (in): 3.5, 5.5

Facebook new Britax Debuts the B Safe Infant Car Seat (VIDEO)

Comments

1. crunchyCPST says

oooh, great info! Can you tell us where it’s made? Is it made in China like the Chaperone, or in the USA like the Britax convertibles?

any word on which colors/covers will be available?

2. Marjorie Bernardin says

I love Britax and I have to say this is a beautiful car seat. I like their infant car seats because of their handles…when you have a heavier baby to carry their handle designs make it much easier to carry!!!

3. Tricia says

Might have to get this when it comes out! I hope it comes in an all black model. Unfortunately the chaperone doesn’t :(

4. hollieschultz says

The B-Safe will come in black and red! I just added photos of the two color choices. – Hollie

5. Beth says

When will this car seat be available to order? I am due mid-June and would love to get this one but can’t find out when it is going to be on the market. Any ideas?

Thanks!

6. Ruby says

Will I be able to use the b-safe without a base in a second car or while traveling like the chaperone, or can it only be used with a base? Thanks.

7. hollieschultz says

Yes, Ruby, the B-Safe can be used without the base just like the Chaperone.

8. Jenni says

Do you know when it will be in the stores, preferebly Buy Buy Baby? I heard the end of June was its release but I have been waiting for the new B-Agile to come out and it still hasn’t hit the store.

9. hollieschultz says

Hi Jenni! You know, I’m not quite sure. I haven’t tested it out on a shopping cart. I do want to say (and I know many people do it and I did it) – putting a infant car seat on the top of the shopping cart is very dangerous. I’m not judging because I did it many times but I just wanted to throw it out there. :)

10. Kirsten Shepherdson says

Does anyone know if this car seat can be used in New Zealand? I can’t find any info on it’s safety standards for overseas use. Many thanks.

11. Christina F says

Does this seat have to be used with a Britax stroller? Is it compatible with any stroller frames (Snap and Go, etc.) Thanks!!

12. Heather says

Is this car seat also compatible with the Maclaren XLR stroller like the last Britax infant carrier was?

13. Stefanie says

Is the Britax B-Safe compatible with the Babyjogger City select car seat adapter? I already called Babyjogger and asked, but they told me that they didn’t test that so far. So maybe someone tried and could tell me if it fits? I really hope it does. Thank you.

14. Amanda says

The Britax B Safe does work well with the Britax line of stollers. It has built in adapters especially for the Britax strollers. However, when you take those adapters off, it does seems to slip into the various frame strollers as well.

15. Michelle says

Hollie, I have seen tons of your reviews and they are so helpful! Thanks. Question. Do you (or anyone else)know if the Britax B-Safe is compatible with the Baby Jogger City Select Car Seat adapter. They only mention the Chaperone on their list but perhaps it’s because the B-Safe is so new. Please advise.

16. Kate says

Is the B-safe compatible with any of the universal infant car seat carriers? I purchased a Kolcraft, but then discovered the two were not compatible. I do have the B-Agile stroller, but would prefer a stroller frame for the first few months. Has anyone had any luck finding a compatible car seat carrier?

17. Mary says

Hi there! Thanks for doing this review! I’m trying to decide between this one and the chicco keyfit 30. One factor is that I live in Las Vegas where temps soar into the 115-120 range in the summer. I read that the chicco is a pretty warm seat without much airflow. Is this true for the Britax B safe as well?

18. Christy says

Is this car seat compatible with any lightweight car seat carrier stroller bases such as snap and go, graco snug rider or chicco keyfit?

19. Jodi says

Do you know if the Baby Jogger City Mini Car Seat Adapter is compatible with the Britax B-Safe. Like the City Select adapter that Michelle mentions above, they only mention the Chaperone in their literature and on their site.

We got it to fit and it seems very secure but we are just looking for some expert advice!

Thanks!

20. Ashley Douglas says

I recently purchased this car seat and while it seems to be a great car seat I have to say that there are features that I feel would have compromised my choice in this car seat had I know before hand.
    The base does not completely hold down. It has the option to use the latches but yet the front of the base will still pull almost completely forward. When the car seat is in the base it seems that if an accident presented itself there could possibly be a chance that the seat would pull towards the rear window and crush the infant between the back of the seat and the car seat itself.
    Another quality that I felt was not mentioned in any reviews i read was that it does not sit properly in shopping carts. Where as it does seem to click into the shopping cart the seat is very much strait forward. This makes the infants head pull forward. It’s obvious that while in the shopping cart the infant is very uncomfortable.
    One other issue I’ve noticed with this car seat is that in both cars that my family owns do not seem to fit the car seat ideally. The passenger seat for example needs to be push forward uncomfortably to accommodate the car seat. Where as I’m sure or at least hope that this isn’t the case for other cars it is an issue for ours.

21. Elizabeth says

Do you know if the b-safe will work in any of the stroller frames like the snap n go? Thanks!