Share Your Baby Gizmo Mama Tips

mamatips Share Your Baby Gizmo Mama Tips

Calling all Baby Gizmo Mamas:

Baby Gizmo is looking for your best tricks, tips, and time saving advice. Do you have a special diaper changing technique that works on a wiggly worm of a baby? Have you managed to thwart your little Houdini’s efforts at picking every baby lock in the house? Or maybe you’ve developed the perfect system for whipping up school lunches in a snap. We want to hear them all!

Every mama has her own tricks of the trade and Baby Gizmo is making it easy for you to share your secrets with other moms! Even better: Every week  one of your tips will be turned into a video demonstration, acted out by Hollie herself! In appreciation for sharing your mama smarts, Baby Gizmo will send the selected Baby Gizmo Mama Tip of the Week a special gift. Oh, and Hollie will also give you a special shout out at the beginning of the video. How cool is that?!

There are three ways for all you smart and crafty mamas to submit your Baby Gizmo Mama Tips:

Baby Gizmo just made it a little easier for all of the mamas out there looking for ways to cut a hot dog into 36 pieces without needing an engineering degree, or get chocolate milk stains out of a yellow couch (maybe that’s just me), or how about just being able to brush a toddler’s hair without using a straight jacket? One thing is for certain: Anyone with kids has got to be on their A game and mom’s need all the help they can get- from each other!

Facebook new Share Your Baby Gizmo Mama Tips

Comments

1. Anne says

Stick your wet dishrag in he microwave on high for 1 minute after every meal, between washes. It works even on the microfibre face cloths I use to wash my 2yr old twins’ faces with. This kills all the odor causing bacteria and those germs nobody wants to share. Plus, if you are in the mood to clean your microwave, all the grime is loosenent up.

2. arly says

Every night before I go to bed (I am usually the last one in), I take the diaper bag and refill/replenish snacks, diapers and wipes, fill 2 sippy cups with milk and juice and put them in the fridge and set all of my kids bags by the door (including shoes) so that in the mornings, we are ready to go. If I don’t do this, I can and WILL forget something. With being a full time BSN nursing student, mom to 3 girls and pregnant with a 4th, organization and planning are key to making our days run smooth. Clothes also get laid out the night before. Whatever errands I have to run the next day, I make sure to have those things in my purse or by the door so I too, can be together and ready to go. Oh and a side note, dinner is usually in the crock pot. Meat thaws the night before but all other ingredients go into the crock pot with lid and put into the fridge the night before (yes, my nights can be busy but at least it is quiet when I do these things :o) so in the morning, I put the entire thing on the “burner” with the meat and turn it on.

3. Dhini Adyawardhani says

When it comes to meal time, I always ask my 2yo picky-eater toddler son to sit and keep busy with his flash cards or drawing book, while I feed him. I have quick meal time, no messy floor and no wasted food. And, my son always finish his meal & learn new things everyday. I found it as a good way to feed both his body & brain/knowledge :)

4. Kristina Martinez says

Our family has a hectic schedule filled with tball, swimming lessons, school, and a very active 1 year old. Sometimes it can feel very chaotic. I used to find my self rushing out the door, always forgetting something, or running a toy over on the way out. To limit the chaos I set my clocks 15 minutes ahead of time so we are not rushing anymore, and before we head out of the house I have taught my 4 year old to call out for a C.A.A.R. check. Where mommy makes sure we are ready to get in the car. C is for Carry ons (diaper bag, back pack, whatever we may need) A is for Appetite (my kids are always starving wherever we go even if they just ate before we left the house so snacks are a must) A is also for Accessories (toys, crayons, coloring book) and finally R a Runover check! I will never break a toy by running it over again with a quick walk around the car. I feel prepared for anything and my 4yo feels like she is in charge of something very important to our family. This 5 minute process has saved me from the craziness… at least that craziness!

5. Jennifer Leroux says

I asked my local pizzaria if I could buy one of their extra large pizza boxes. I use it to store the childrens art work. You can even have the children decorate it with art. Its a fun project with a purpose.

6. Susie says

We follow the same bedtime routine so even if mom or dad are gone everyone knows what comes next while getting ready for bed!

7. Jessica Rodriguez says

When my son would cry a friend suggested white noise….instead of geting a vibrating seat or a sound machine we discovered the elecric toothbrush in the carseat or under his blanket worked great. Always worked. Loved it for long car rides.

8. Corinne says

My 2nd child was born at 25 weeks gestation and is growing in the NICU. Therefore, I have to pump every 2 hrs in order to produce the milk my baby needs. There are 3 time consuming things in my day, 1- pumping, 2- my busy 1 yr old and 3- driving time to and from the hospital. And I can combine all 3 if i want to!! How do i do it? I use my simple wishes hands free pumping bra. I pump while reading and playing with my 1 yr old, I pump while driving in my car, and I pump while singing to my 1yr old, while driving in the car on my way to see my little micro-preemie in the hospital. Now if that’s not good time management what is!?! I figure I save about 6 hrs of idol pumping time by using my simple wishes hands-free bra.

9. Jennifer Leroux says

To help with the odor of the diaper pail, I go straight to the source. I bought a diner sugar dispenser and put baking soda in it. So when my little peanut has a dirty diaper, I sprinkle a little on the doo-dee. It really helps. I wasnt sure if it was working so I stopped for a week and noticed the pail got smellier. So I went back to it. I figured if it works on kitty litter why not give it a shot.

10. Jennifer says

I have mastered the backwards diaper changing. My son lays on his belly as he plays with some toys and I have a minute and a half before Mr. Wiggle Worm wants out. **Pre-fastening one side of the diaper helps me slip one leg in, then I can easier flip and fasten the other side.

Sometimes I am on my own for bathtime with two toddlers. Getting them in is no problem, they love bathtime…it was what to do with one while the other got changed. So I brought all their jammies and diapers in the bathroom and while my 3yr. old is still in the tub, I make a towel pallet on the floor, dry, diaper and jammie the 22 month old and sit him on the toilet ( so he can’t jump back into the water) and pull out brother. Then everyone can “brush teef” and off to bed we go. and clean up can be left for daddy later he hee he

12. Shelly Cameron says

I use this when my 16 month old is on the run at home with no chance of him slowing down for a diaper change. Before I even take off his soiled diaper I have the new diaper (and wipes) ready, with one side of the new diaper attached approximately where it will need to be and the ends smoothed out. It makes it very easy to get him to step into the one side and pull it up and all it takes is a quick move (that I have made with him in the run more than once) to get the other tab fastened and you are good to go. Just make sure that you know about where you want the diaper tab pre fastened or you could have an off center diaper.

13. Mariella says

When cutting up pizza for my kiddies, I use a scissor that I’ve designated only for food. It’s quick, easy, and much less messier than a fork and knife! And the cheese actually stays on the pizza!

14. Cass says

For brushing teeth with my toddler and preschooler, my husband- a fifth grade teacher- has them say the vowels of the alphabet to help them open their mouths to reach all the spots! E-gets the front teeth for example! And what toddler doesn’t love singing their abc’s.? And the teacher in my husband has taught them their vowels!

15. Mandy says

I am a new mom and have had the hardest time trying to find one of the bras made for double pumping to fit me. As a large breasted woman they just don’t make them big enough for someone who was DD pre baby. Not to mention they are very expensive. One day I was desperate to find a way to have my hands free to take care of baby or do other things while still being able to pump when the solution came to me. I took a pair of scissors to my bra, cut a slit in the cup and inserted the pump through the slit. Walahhh! instant handsfree pumping!