The first high chair that I bought for my daughter was a Blames high chair. In case you didn’t read the story of our love, that relationship ended on bad terms. I, being the mender in our relationship tried to make things work. But after countless headbutts and plate throws and mealtime wars, I knew it was over. I knew I needed a new chair.
I needed an affordable chair that worked (i.e., a chair that keep restrain my toddler through mealtimes). This time, I didn’t really care about looks. This time, I wanted substance.
So through some online research, I was led me to the Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair.
So what were some of the things that attracted me to the Fisher Price Space Saver? Here are just a few of its perks:
- Affordability. I purchased my chair for $59.99 from a local Target.
- Toddler friendly. At the top of my list for a replacement chair was something that could restrain my agile toddler. This chair featured a chest harness that I, suspected, would do just trick.
- Compact design. The Space Saver high chair fits atop dining room chairs with straps connected on the bottom of the chair and around the back of the chair.
- Attractive. Fisher Price offers a variety of styles and colors for the Space Saver chair. While not as beautiful as my Blames, Fisher Price did do a great job in offering parents a variety of design options for this chair.
And, in the seven months I’ve had this chair, here’s what I love:
- It restrains my once mealtime resisting toddler. And this makes mealtimes a lot less stressful.
- The fabric liner that can be placed on the high chair can easily be removed and washed in the washing machine.
- The chair, which is made of plastic, is super easy to clean.
- It works on all the chairs in my house.
- The tray can be easily removed with only one hand and can be placed in the dishwasher.
- It’s versatility for a variety of age groups. The Space Saver high chair offers parents many options to adjust the height of the chair, to adjust the incline of the tray and seat backing. It converts from a high chair to a booster seat through simple removal of the upper backing of the high chair and transfer of the safety harness to the bottom slots on the chair.
Here’s what I think could be improved:
- The booster seat doesn’t fit under my dining room table or our island’s countertop, so I have not been able to really use it as a true booster seat without the tray.
What I recommend the Fisher Price Saver Chair to other parents?
Yes, yes, and yes! Although the booster seat doesn’t properly fit under my table or countertop, there’s so much else to love about this highchair that I would recommend it to other parents looking for an affordable, versatile chair that is full of good substance.
SHOP Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair HERE