Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

Dear Pinterest,

I can’t quit you!  I NEED to quit you! My thighs NEED me to quit you! But I obviously can’t. You are an online drug that sucks time away from my work and my life. Good thing you give me things like yummy brownies or it would totally be a one-sided relationship!

I know baby gear is my expertise and I should stick to strollers but here’s the thing.  The more strollers that I have to get done – the more I want to bake. It’s like my stress reliever. Yep, I’m a stress baker! There…I said it!  I LIKE TO BAKE!  I like strollers too but if you gave me a brownie AND a stroller – I’d be in heaven. The problem is that I should be working…filming…reviewing…writing…answering emails…yet, I’m scouring your yummy pages of Food & Drink for my next fix. Why can’t I just land on the grilled chicken recipes and forget about the brownies?  I just can’t. Don’t judge.

I’d like to say we’re through but you know I can’t. You had me at “Pin it”.

xoxo,

Hollie

Okay, so this afternoon instead of working on the Baby Jogger City Mini GT review, I was making brownies. But in my defense, these aren’t just any brownies. These are everything that is right in the world. Chocolate chip cookies, Oreos and brownies all in one delicious bar. Yeah, what’s not good about that?!? And yes, you guessed it – found the recipe on Pinterest! (Why not follow me HERE because I really do find the best stuff?!)  I did my good blogging detective work to find what I think is the original poster of this recipe. Good old Kevin and Amanda are the ones to blame for this one! Sure, there are others that claim to be the creators of this recipe on Pinterest but from what I’ve seen – Kevin and Amanda were the first.

brownie closeup Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

I saw the photos…read the recipe…and headed to the store immediately. This Pinterest obsession is becoming ridiculous! I’m so glad I did because these brownies are totally worth it. Like sinfully delicious – forget-about-the-calories-yummy! Plus, they are pretty darn easy to make.

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

Ingredients:brownie ingred Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

• Package of Brownie Mix (+the eggs, oil and water needed for that!)
  • Package of Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (I opted to make the Original Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from scratch! If you go this route – use a little less flour than you normally would to keep the cookies moist.)
  • Package of Oreos (regular or Double Stuffed – you choose!)

How to Make Them:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 baking pan with wax paper or foil and spray with cooking spray. (You can opt for a 13×9 pan if you want thinner bars.)

2.  Make your cookie dough whichever way you like and spread in the bottom of the pan. If you are making a full batch of homemade Toll House cookie dough, you will only need half the batch!

brownie dough Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

3. Cover your cookie dough with Oreo cookies.

brownie oreo Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

4. Whip up your brownie mix and pour evenly over the Oreo cookies.

brownie batter Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

6. Cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy!  Add some ice cream to completely put this indulgence over the top!

brownies Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

Don’t act like this isn’t the yummiest thing you’ve ever seen!

brownie oreo all 284x1024 Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

Comments

1. Karen says

This did not work for me, and I didn’t even use all the brownie mix. The cookies are burning and the brownies are still too gooey/undercooked. Fail. :/

2. Chloe says

I’ve got this in the oven now, a great idea for an easy and quick to prepare dessert or treat. I love the cupcake idea as well! However, as it’s a weeknight, I used a Betty Crocker brownie mix instead of making my usual brownies and the consistency was really thick, making it very hard to evenly distribute the brownie cover without dislodging all the oreos and ensuring even coverage. Looking forward to this and I think little miss is going to LOVE them. Thanks for the recipe!

3. layne says

so… i have tried these twice now. i live at altitude (5280ft) and the first time the brownie was still liquidy and the second the brownie was more cooked but the cookie wasn’ done… i tweeked the brownie mix for altitude the 2nd time…. just seeing if anyone had suggestions. now that it’s failed twice i REALLY want it to work… thanks!! :P

4. Melissa says

I have made these before and they were way too sweet for me, I think I ate one maybe two little pieces. My sister brought the rest to her coworkers and they loved them.

5. Nacole says

On the toll house recipe if u sub crisco for butter the cookies are twice as amazing!! My mom and i have done it for yrs!! She isnt allowes to attend family functions without them!! Haha

6. Michele says

I made these in muffin tins and they cooked in half the time…I’m sending them with my son on his bus trip to share. I used the oreo to press down the chocolate chip cookie dough. Make them in a cupcake liner and there is very little clean up! Enjoy.

7. Ginger says

I make these all the time. I use Betty Crocker cookie mix in bag. Use a 9×13 pan. I use fingers to spread chic chip cookie dough on bottom. Works great. Cook 375 for 50 minutes. Let cool completely. They will be a bit gooey. Maybe cook hour.

8. Natalie says

I made this today and like Maria…very undercooked. They looked cooked when I took them out…but raw inside..just put them back in..

9. Maria says

i just made these yesterday…while they were very good. It was undercooked. I have new ovens and i had to put these in for 1 hour. and there are still parts of the brownie that is undercooked. and i bought the same ingredients as you. very disappointed.

10. Sari P says

I think I gained 20 pounds reading this recipe. I need to make this one and the six chip peanut butter cookies, but I may only do 5 and leave out the butterscotch chips. I need to lose weight, not gain, but these sound so amazing!

Oh my word, those look so good! I could be a professional pinterester, if there was such a thing. I’m also afraid that I am starting to base my self-worth on how many followers I have. It’s so validating! lol I’ll have to start following you.

12. Erica says

well that’s just dangerous. Don’t you know I have my son’s Bar Mitzvah in 3 weeks?! How can you show this to me? Looks awesome, lets see if I can hold out until after the PARTAY!

13. Melissa says

OMG Hollie…we had a Pinterest party with my mom’s group & one mom made this (and left me a huge slab of a portion!)…sooo good… needless to say the hubby never got to try any by morning! HA!