Let’s Escape the Winter with Dreams Resort & Spas

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dreams Resorts & Spas. All opinions are 100% mine.

I have always had a love of travel. Even when I started having kids 9 years ago, I didn’t want my traveling days to end. I have wanted to take the kids to amazing places so that they can experience as much as they can. Luckily, I have a job that affords me the luxury to travel with the family. That’s one of the reasons I added “travel” to Baby Gizmo years back. I wanted to help other parents make a smart Family travel decision when planning a trip with kids.

We are in the heart of winter in Chicago. A cold and snowy winter at that! What happens when it drops below zero at my house? I start planning vacation. I start looking around for a warm, family-friendly destination to get the heck out of town.

In my recent searches, I’ve learned a little more about a group of nine Unlimited-Luxury® (the company’s name for “all-inclusive”) resorts. Dreams Resorts & Spas are award-winning, tropical beachfront resorts in Mexico and Dominican Republic. Yes, “tropical beachfront” got my attention.

Many times when parents hear All-inclusive luxury resort they think couples only. They think those are the honeymoon resorts that aren’t designed for kids. That doesn’t apply to Dreams Resorts & Spas because these family-friendly, Unlimited-Luxury (again, code word for “all-inclusive”!) resorts have amazing pools, kids clubs, teen clubs, and spacious suites. It’s everything I look for in a great resort to visit with the family. Sure, they are great for honeymoons, weddings and couple retreats, but that isn’t want I’m searching for right now. I’m all about kids. That’s what happens when you have a 4, 6 and 8 year old!

Three of the Dreams Resorts & Spas caught my eye! I’m just trying to decide which one is the best for me. Oh yeah, and if you help me decide, I could win a trip there and YOU (one of the Baby Gizmo readers!) can win a trip there. It’s a blogger who shares the most wins kind of thing. Since I get to travel quite a bit, I’m not so worried about winning for myself but I’m doing this for one of you! If I win, one of you win! Okay, we’ll get back to this whole winning thing at the end. Let’s talk about the resort.

The first one that caught my eye was the Dreams La Romana on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic. This resort has tons of things for parents AND kids. It has an “Explorer’s Club” for 3-12 year old with arts and crafts, treasure hunts, music, sandcastle contests, playground, game rooms and more! Even though my kids are too young, there is also a “Core Zone” for teens 13-17.

I love that the entire Explorer’s Club staff is American Red Cross certified, both in CPR and First Aid, and parents get a pager should they be needed for any reason.

For the parents, there is aerobics in the sea, dance lessons on the beach, a casino, movies on the beach (this one is for kids too!) and a mechanical bull. Yes, the mechanical bull seems out of place for a luxury resort, but it sounds fun so it’s worth a mention!

DreamsLaRomanaResortampSpa zps4a5442b8 Lets Escape the Winter with Dreams Resort & Spas

The second resort that looks fun is the Dream Tulum Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico. This location is just minutes from the Mayan Ruins of Tulum and just added swim out suites. How sweet does that sound?!?

Dream Tulum Resort & Spa also has the Explorer’s Club and Core Zone for the teens with similar activities the Dominican Republic location. Plus, you can deep sea fish, become a culinary wiz with cocktail and cooking lessons (my dad would LOVE that!!), explore the ocean with catamarans and kayaks or compete against fellows guests in the Beach Olympics. The fact that it is set on a secluded stretch of sugar-white sand beach doesn’t sound too bad either.

DreamsTulumResortampSpa zpsdff67f53 Lets Escape the Winter with Dreams Resort & Spas

Third on my list is the Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta in Riviera Nayarit, Mexico located on Banderas Bay with amazing views of the Sierra Madre Mountains. Mountains AND sea = amazing! It has the same great kid and teen programs, but this one has bike tours, wave runners, water skiing and green fees (for golf!) INCLUDED. I love that there isn’t an additional fee for those activities! If I want to step it up, I can always go to their scuba diving center for an additional fee. They also have this cool looking euro-bungee for the adventurous at heart!

DreamsVillamagnaNuevoVallarta zps50e7a5dc Lets Escape the Winter with Dreams Resort & Spas

All three resorts are known to have amazing restaurants with gourmet dining that reservations are NEVER required and there isn’t a wristband in sight!

A few other signature features/amenities I can expect at all Dreams Resorts & Spas (not just the three I mentioned) as part of the brand’s Unlimited-Luxury® vacation concept, where everything is included:

• Spacious suites with standout amenities like 24-hour room service and daily restocked mini bars.
  • Average of 5 gourmet a la carte dining options ranging from Mexican cuisine to Italian, French and more.
  • Lively bars serving unlimited premium brand beverages. Great for when the kids are participating in the kids programs!
  • Explorer’s Kids Club (ages 3-12) and Core Zone Teens Club (ages 13-17) with supervised activities by specially trained staff at no extra cost
  • Unlimited Connectivity, a suite of interactive apps allowing guests to call send and receive international calls without incurring roaming charges, create personalized profiles to contact staff directly, receive up-to-date daily activity calendars and more. I love that this is included because international calling can really add up!
  • Dreams Spa by Pevonia offers a la carte treatment options ranging from face and body to massage and salon, and even treatments for teens and kids. All you have to say is “SPA” to me and I’m on board!

They all sound amazing, right?!? How does one choose just one? Well, that is our goal today! Help me “Choose My Escape” (from the Chicago winter)!

Please leave a comment with the resort that you think sounds the most fun and which activity at the resort stood out to you!

Then if you help me “SHARE” this post (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…pick your poison really!), we might win a trip for two to one of these resorts! Yep, if I win, we get to pick one of our readers who participated by commenting and “sharing” to win a free trip for two!

That’s it – just leave a blog comment and “share”. Easy-peasy!

Lets Escape the Winter with Dreams Resort & Spas

Comments

1. Brandee Sabala says

I love the Dream Tulum Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico with the swim out suites, too awesome!

2. Rochelle Luaders says

I say Riviera Maya because of the ruins being close by. Always wanted to see those. It’s snowy and cold here in IL today… these look fabulous!

3. Jessica Faught says

I would have to say Dream Tulum Resort & Spa in Rivera Maya, Mexico. I love the fact that all 3 resorts had those kids camps. I have to say the thing that stood out to me the most from this resort was the deep sea fishing and the cooking. Two things my husband and I always want to do but of course have never got the chance to do them yet.

4. SARI P. says

Wow, this was tough. I read the 1st one and thought absolutely. Then the same for the 2nd and the 3rd. I would have to pick Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta in Riviera Nayarit, Mexico because before kids I would golf on vacations. Now I never can because babysitting and greens fees add up. I would love to know my kids are cared for and having a great time, that there is a pager in case I’m needed and to be able to golf again (my husband still gets to go once in a while, but not often). Of course I’d go to any of them because they all sound amazing! Good luck to all of us! :)

5. Jason R says

My #1 is the Dreams La Romana, love the movies & dance lessons on the beach. No one wants their kids to be hurt most especially when on vacation, to me, the pager is very innovative!!

6. Stacey R says

Dream Tulum Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico. I love that it’s just a few minutes from the Mayan Ruins AND they have swim out suites!!! Amazing!!

7. Meredith Meyer says

I would choose the Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta in Riviera Nayarit, Mexico. I have been to other hotels in both of the other locations and equally loved both of them, but would want to try something new! I loved the Riveria Maya the best, and think the other Mexico option would be equally amazing!

8. Nicole says

I would pick Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo Vallarta. I like that a lot of activities and green fees are included. I also like having a view of both the mountain and the sea.

9. Aimee Smith says

I have to echo the choice for Dream Tulum! I have always wanted to see the Mayan ruins and swim out suites sound like a perfect way to start and end the day. I love the water!

10. Rebecca Spear says

I say Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta in Riviera Nayarit, Mexico … its so rare for resorts to have sitting/clubs for kids under 4…this would be a treat for so many of us!!

11. Courtney Candlish says

Dream Tulum Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya Mexico!!! The swim out suites and cooking class sound awesome! I would also love a nice relaxing spa day! :)

12. Aleia Chambers says

Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta! It sounds like it has the best of both worlds (child/adult)!

13. Kristin Jones says

Dream Lo Romano. Mexico is not a very safe place to go and especially with children. We got married on Riviera Maya. It is nice but you have to go through some really run down places to get to it.

14. Bertha Declet says

I would love to bring my 1 year old daughter to Dreams Tulum to enjoy the mexican ruins along with the Mexican Riviera. Tulum will offer tons of fun, cultural activities for the kids and the parents. Dreams Tulum will be a perfect vacation to escape from the DC winter weather.

15. Chrissy Turnquist says

I would choose the Dominican Republic, simply because I have never been there and all i ever hear is that the beaches there go on forever and they are amazing. Not to mention the resort sounds AMAZING!!!!! I love that they cater equally to adults and children so it is truly a vacation for the ENTIRE family!

Dream Tulum Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya. There are tons of things to do with families there outside the resort like the ruins, DIY snorkeing at Yal-Ku or Akumal Beach, Xel-Ha, Xcaret, etc. It’s like paradise, serene, blissful, excitement and happiness all one. You’ll make some good memories there. On top of that you’ll find some amazing spa services that might ruin it for you in Chicago. Food and drink in the area is awesome, you can get a good deal on flights from ORD to CUN, and with the currency exchange, it’s like getting 25% off when you use pesos.

17. Maureen says

I’ve been to the Tulum area before, so I thought I wouldn’t be into that one, but ummm…the swim out rooms just makes me so excited. I love the idea. That and the cocktail/cooking lessons sound fun too. Need a sunny trip right now. Finishing up graduate school while being a momma to a one year old leaves little time or any money for a vacation.

18. anna says

Dream Tulum Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico how cen you not fall in love in the warm weather from New York to Mexico love it

19. Karen McAdams says

Um…tulum is beautiful. My husband and I went there before we had our first baby (and haven’t been on vacation since). Not to that exact resort, but dreams Puerto aventuras. Dreams resorts are very, very nice! Can’t go wrong with swim out suites! But if you are looking to do activities, It sounds like the dreams villamagna has the most included. Otherwise, there is tons to do in and around tulum, just costs more.

20. Rachel H says

The Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta in Riviera Nayarit, Mexico sounds wonderful! We went to Riviera Maya on our honeymoon and loved that!!! Would love to try this with the kids :)

21. Ewa Laskey says

Dream Tulum Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico. I would love cocktail and cooking classes while my husband goes deep sea fishing.

22. Mary Kate Bransford says

The resort near Tulum sounds amazing! I went to Tulum in my early twenties and paid five bucks to hang my hammock in a cabana fifty feet from the ocean. That was perfection when I was 22, but now that I have a daughter, I think this resort would be much more suited to us traveling. Hoping to show my husband and daughter what Tulum is all about!!

Maybe its because I just finished all eight seasons of Weeds the other day, but I say Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta in Riviera Nayarit, Mexico located on Banderas Bay !! Plus I love mexican food, culture, music and the weather sounds better than Kansas! The resort also looks absolutely breathe taking also!! I hope you win and good luck! I will share as much as possible to help you out!

24. Katherine Dixon says

Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta. The scuba diving and wave runners sound like so much fun!

25. Gen says

Definitely Dreams Tulum!! Being that close to Tulum is unbelievable. The beach is particularly beautiful. Swimming in front of ruins! Can you imagine.

26. Natalie S says

The Dreams La Romana on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic sounds amazing! I love that it offers tons of things for kids and adults! The Explorers Club sounds pretty amazing! Shared via Google Plus :)

27. Rhonda Robinson says

Its a tough decision, absolutely! I have stayed at Dreams Resorts with my young family and love the high quality standards of the Chain.

If I could choose, I would definitely pick Dreams Tulum. It has an amazing beach and just offshore is the 2nd largest barrier reef, what is not to love? I have an adventurous family who would also love to explore a world famous Mayan Pyramid only minutes away.

The opportunities for unlimited family fun are endless, the Mayan Riviera has so much to offer to all ages, I love it there!

I have been to Dreams La Romana and this is the resort that sold me on amresorts. I don’t think I’ll ever go to any other all inclusive brand. The staff was exceptional and the food was superb. The drive from the airport was, questionable. That being said, it has nothing to do with the resort. We hired driver from our travel agency not the resort. We were there during off season, so we had no problem walking into restaurants and getting a table. We also had no problems getting a chair at the beach or pool. They did have outside vendors come in one day of the week. They can be pushy. Something you can expect off property, but not on. I’ve read during peak season they can be there more than a day. Be cautious. Maybe they have changed this. I would go back and I recommend them to our friends, however, we don’t travel with children!

29. Kelsey says

If I could go on a Dreams Resorts & Spas vacation right now I would LOVE to go to Dream Tulum Resort & Spa!!!

30. elly craig says

The Polar Vortex has me stressed! I need to unthaw on the beach at the Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa in the Dominican Republic!

31. Angela Grover says

We took our two boys – 4 and 7 to the Dreams Riviera and it was amazing! Since then, my husband and I have visited their sister resort for adults only in Hualtulco – also unbelievable. The service, food, rooms, and cleanliness of these resorts are top notch. The kids clubs are far above other resorts with the staff First aid and CPR trained and the club strategically set mid-resort you will feel so comfortable leaving them there. This year we are looking at the Dreams La Romana or Hualtulco to go as a family. Go to Dreams La Romana – you will love it! Wherever you decide, with this chain of resorts, you can’t lose! Enjoy!

32. Karen Gonzalez says

I would probably choose either Punta Cana or Puerto Adventures…only because of the tropical lush look of those places. Of course…any place that takes care of you the way an all inclusive would is wonderful! It would be a REAL vacation! That means…no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry….Only pampering…and well deserved I’m sure! And if you do bring children, the resort will watch them for a while if you need some getaway time to catch some sun or just explore the grounds of the resort. All I know is I would go where the relaxation takes me! Good luck…I hope you win so you can get pampered in paradise!

33. Jan D says

I would chose Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa in Dominican Republic to enjoy both the pristine beaches and jungle adventures.

34. Niki G says

I’d go for the Caribbean side, as the water is way nicer than PV. Also traveling time is a deciding factor. I’d go for a direct flight that works with the kids’ nap time, a resort that’s not too far away from the airport. And of course as all kids love water, it’s important to compare the kids pools at each resort. I was at one resort lately and the water was way too deep for my toddler. And the water slide there was very steep with strong current.

I think out of the three, I would visit Dreams Tulum! I absolutely love Mexico, we try to go once a year, and we’ve been to 5 dreams resorts, and Tulum is the next one on my list!

36. Monica says

Dreams Tulum is my favorite place on earth! I’ll be heading back in June for my 4th visit. I love the seclusion. The staff is amazing! They have a wonderful dive shop (do the whale shark tour if it’s available), and the kid’s club is top notch.