*UPDATE 2: The Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat is now available.
*UPDATE: If you are looking for a fabulous lightweight, quick-fold stroller that will work as a travel system with this new Britax B-Safe Seat – check out our full review of the BRAND NEW Britax B-Agile Stroller HERE.
Britax has been some busy little bees lately. First, they announce the new Britax Baby Carrier on Monday. Now, they have debuted their newest car seat! Britax is announcing their newest infant car seat that will be added to their fabulous line of car seats. The B-Safe will not be available for sale until end of June but we have one and we are showing you. Yep, just you! No one else. Feeling pretty special right now, aren’t you?
The B-Safe will be another choice for an infant car seat from Britax in addition to their already popular Chaperone. The B-Safe will still be loaded with Britax’s excellent safety features but at a bit lower price. Plus, since it is a bit shorter when installed with the base, it will be a better choice than the Chaperone for parents with ultra-small cars.
So, what’s different about the B-Safe than the Chaperone, you ask?
- B-Safe will not have the anti-rebound bar. This will make the B-Safe a bit shorter installed which is better for smaller vehicles.
- B-Safe will not have the TSIP (True Side Impact Protection) adjustable head restraint. The seat will just feature the SIP (Side Impact Protection). The B-Safe is to the Chaperone, what the Marathon 70 is to the Boulevard 70.
- B-Safe will be between 1 and 2 lbs lighter than the Chaperone. When holding both infant car seats we couldn’t feel the difference though.
- B-Safe will retail for $179 and the Chaperone is $229.
We can’t just talk about the B-Safe, right? We have to show you it! Take a look at our mini-review of the new Britax B-Safe by clicking the video below:
Here’s all the information on the Britax B-Safe:
Superior 360 Degree Protection Features
- Side Impact Protection® distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion and contains the head and body
- Tangle Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner absorbs and distributes crash Forces
Superior Fit and Comfort Features
- 30-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort through the first year
- Four Harness Heights and Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Large Multi Position Canopy blocks wind, rain and harmful UV rays from baby’s sensitive skin
- Removable Comfort Pad, shoulder pads and belly pad provide extra comfort
Superior Ease-of-Use Features
- Stroller Compatible Design-Integrated CLICK & GO adapter system works with Britax B- Series strollers.
- Lightweight and travel-friendly for vehicle and stroller compatibility
- Ergonomic Carry-Handle designed to contour to forearm to allow for more comfortable carrying of child in car seat
- Premium, Push-Button Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Adjustable Base has five positions for proper seat angle and positioning
- Built-in Lock-Off ensures a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Front Harness Adjuster provides effortless front adjustment when loosening the harness system
- Easy-to-Read Level Indicators on base provide quick reference for proper installation
- Easy-to-Install Seat-to-Base Design self-guides car seat into proper locked position
- Easy-to-Install Base with LATCH Connector Storage (Included)
Car Seat Specifications
Product Weight (lbs): 16 (car seat only 9.8)
Product Dimensions (in): 17.5W x 24.5H x 27.5D (handle up)
Product Dimensions (in): 17.5W x 15.5H x 27.5D (handle down)
Seat Back Compartment Height (in): 20
Seat Area Depth/Width (in): 13/19
Shoulder Width (in): 10
Harness Slot Heights (in): 5, 7, 9, 12
Buckle Strap Depth (in): 3.5, 5.5