High chairs can take up a lot of room, so The First Years Deluxe Recline Feeding Seat is a great space saver, as it buckles onto your dining room or kitchen chair and allows your baby to sit with you at the table. It is suitable from birth to four years, converts from a baby feeding chair to a booster seat and with a weight capacity of 50lbs, it will stay with your family for a long time.
Let’s start with the pros of this feeding seat-
- It has a 5 point harness, and when it becomes a booster seat, it has a 3 point harness.
- It is very lightweight and portable- my 21 month old can carry it a few steps.
- The tray comes with a designated cup holder, where my daughter proudly puts her drink.
- It is so easy to clean- the table wipes easily but is also dishwasher safe. The pad is machine washable.
- The recline feature is so simple to use- just turn the handle, push the chair pack and it locks into place. Great for a small baby.
- It is easy to put together, take apart for cleaning and to convert to a booster seat you simply remove the back part.
- The tray has different settings so it can be close to your baby or further away depending on their size.
Now the not-so-great parts:
- It is a small seat. My daughter is tall and skinny at 21 months and 23 pounds, so she does fit in it, however, a bigger baby may find this a bit of a squeeze.
- It is lightweight- I know this was a pro, but just be aware that because it is lightweight, it isn’t made from the most expensive materials. The plastic is not as strong as I had hoped.
- The tray snaps on and off- this is fine as my daughter is older and a little (not alot) more patient, but with a wriggling baby, it may be difficult to position the four snaps in place.
Overall, this is a great product for anyone looking for a space saver, or a portable chair for the babysitter’s place, grandparents house or even to take to a restaurant. There is a belt on the bottom and back that securely ties it to the chair it sits on, and as a booster, there are grips underneath to hold it in place. And at $39.99, the price is very reasonable for such a long-lasting chair.
*Thanks to The First Years for sending us a feeding seat to review. As always, all our thoughts, opinions and statements are our own unless someone else copies them and then they are still our own. 🙂