Don’t forget to check out our new FOOD BLOG – SKINNY NOT SKINNY – dedicated 100% to food!
We had family stay at our house this weekend and it’s the unspoken word on both sides of the family that I will have something yummy baked for them while they visit. Yes, my cookies, brownies and bars have a reputation and have since I was young. I even owned my own gourmet cookie company before I was the baby gear expert that you know today. Yep, you learn new things about me all the time! So, to keep up my reputation, I had to make something and it had to be good. Okay, not just good but fabulous! Chocolate chip cookies weren’t going to cut it this time.
After posting the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars last week, I knew I could make the bars even better by mixing it up a bit. I wanted to add peanut butter! Nothing is better with chocolate than peanut butter so I started playing around with different combinations. If I could also work in my BFF, Pretzel Crust, I knew I would have a winner! This is how I came up with my own “Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Brownie Bars“. Let’s just call ’em “My Ultimate BFF Bars“, shall we? These are to die for.
Let me just say there is absolutely nothing healthy about these bars. I felt very guilty even putting them together because I basically combined every indulgence that I love into one single bar. I don’t know the calorie count or Weight Watcher point count and I don’t want to know either. These are the ultimate indulgence and if you are dieting – well, just say no. (Or just take a tiny piece!) :)
*You can also make these in cupcake form! Here’s the recipe: Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Brownie Cupcakes
Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Brownie Bars
- 2 ½ cups crushed butter pretzels
- 1 cup melted butter
- 5 tbsp sugar
- Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix and all the ingredients the mix calls for
- Brownie Mix (13×9 family size box + all the ingredients the mix calls for)
- Snack Size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (2 – 10.5oz bags)
1. Crush the pretzels in a food processor or however you like to crush pretzels. Any kind of pretzels will do but I recommend using crushed butter pretzels (you find them next to the regular pretzels and they are literally called “Synder Butter Pretzels”) for the recipe. I also recommend not crushing the pretzels to dust but keep some small pieces to keep the crust crunchy. Mix the melted butter (melt in microwave), sugar and pretzel crumbs. Press into lightly greased 13×9 pan. Set aside pretzel crust and make the cookie dough. (*Note: I have a 8×8 pan in the photos because I split the recipe into two different pans. I recommend putting it all in one 13×9 pan!)
2. Make the cookie dough according to the package. Lightly press the cookie dough evenly on top of the pretzel crust.
3. Unwrap 24 snack-size Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and cover the cookie dough with the candy.
4. Whip up your brownie mix and pour evenly over the Peanut Butter Cups.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
6. Cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!
*If you can’t do peanut butter (allergic, don’t like it or whatever!), here is a sugar cookie Heath Bar version of the recipe: Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Sugar Cookie Heath Brownie Bars