My daughter is a Daisy Scout. She has been collected Girl Scout badges all year to add to her Daisy uniform and these patches are VERY important to a 7 year old! While I was on vacation last week, there was a big Girl Scout get together for them all to earn their baking patch. Unfortunately, my daughter was going to miss it which means missing out on a patch her friends would all have. Not good.
Since the troop leaders always want to give all the girls an opportunity to earn all their patches, they gave me the choice to bake with her myself to earn the patch. Bake with my daughter? Done. We bake together all the time anyway and if I made it into a post I figured that was proof.
We wanted to make something easy but yummy and my daughter suggested something with marshmallow. Hmmm…how about s’mores? Easy and yummy! I wanted to take it a step farther and make Peanut Butter S’Mores Bars. Chocolate, marshmallow, peanut butter and a graham cracker crust. It’s a perfect summer dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 full graham crackers (the rectangles), crushed into fine crumbs
- 2 Giant Hershey’s milk chocolate bars, 7 ounces each
- 1 jar marshmallow cream, 7 ounces
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 pan.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until blended. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and graham cracker crumbs.
3. Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Press the chocolate bars side by side on top of the dough.
4. Melt the peanut butter (we used crunchy!) for about 30 seconds in the microwave and drizzle it over the chocolate bars.
5. Heat up the marshmallow cream in the microwave (in a new bowl not the container!) for 20 seconds and spread over the chocolate and peanut butter.
6. Roll the remaining 1/3 dough on a floured wax paper. When you’ve made an even square, gently peel it off and press it on top of the marshmallow cream.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool.